Community buzz

Cook for Good Community Forum > How do I see a pinned item?

I see the Pin it icon and have pinned a couple of items. Where are they located once they have been pinned?
Thanks! Loving your book - got it from the library and then went out and bought my own copy. That's a first for me!

Aug 13, 2012 | Registered Commentermomlady

Momlady, such a great question and thanks for pinning! When you pin something, it goes to Pinterest, the fun site which describes itself as:

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

You get to pick the board it goes to. For example, I just pinned this week's recipe: Steamed Eggplant. Pinterest asked me to log on and then which of my boards I wanted to pin the post in. You also see all the photos on the page. I picked the one with eggplant in peanut sauce topped with basil, then said a little something about why I'd pinned it. You can see the result here on Pinterest.

Two tricks: It may be that if you have popups disabled on your browser, you don't see the questions from Pinterest asking you to log in and choose a board. And if you pin a recipe from the main recipe page, you'll see pictures for the first six or so recipes. To pin a specify recipe, click on "read more" or "permalink" and then pin from the page that has only that recipe.

Pinterest is free and fun. The only danger is it's easy to get lost in it! Let me know if this helps and happy pinning! ... Linda

Aug 15, 2012 | Registered CommenterLinda Watson

Ok, figured it out and actually pinned something. New worlds are opening up! Thank you!

Sep 3, 2012 | Registered Commentermomlady